Monday, February 28, 2011

MNA Marvi Memon will be submitting the following privilege motion on Feb 28 2011 in National Assembly

 


I hereby submit in the National Assembly a privilege motion against:
1- CCPO Karachi for:
a) Tear gassing my peaceful protest with lower education staff at CM Sindh House on Feb 25 2011
b) Giving false FIRs against the protesters when they were not involved in any violence.
2- Rafiq Engineer for:
a) Falsely claiming that government released the employees when we ourselves, assisted by Karachi Bar Association sorted their bail and got them released from Landhi jail
b) Fake assurance to me in woman police station that government would release them immediately
c) Accusing me of being law and order threat when government itself is responsible for injustices and for protecting terrorists.
3- SP Seher for:
a) Directing police van to woman police station and for beating my fellow protestors, knowing fully well that as I had stated I would go with the last protestor if they touched him
b) making political statements against me as sitting MNA in media considering he should have been neutral servant of public.
4- CM Sindh for:
Making false assurances of regularization to Lower staff leading to our peaceful protests including bloodshed by government officials on Pakistanis fighting for their rights.
This is the third time in one year I have been tear gassed by this so called democratic government: NPIW protest March 2010 in Karachi, Lady Health Worker protest in June 2010 in Islamabad, and finally Lower Staff protest in Feb 2011 in Karachi). On previous occasions my privilege motions have not been allowed to be tabled in the house. Would appreciate if the same didn’t happen this time so that parliament’s supremacy can be proved.

No comments:

Post a Comment